Search This Blog

Blogger Widgets
Your Ad Here

25 March 2010

Soi Lek thanks Pakatan for not targeting sex scandal

Share
Former MCA deputy president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek has commended the Pakatan Rakyat for not using his sex scandal against him, unlike his own party members.

He expressed thanks to the opposition for not expounding on the controversy, saying that he had the highest respect for them because of this.

“None of the Pakatan Rakyat parties have used this scandal against me. That is why I have the highest respect for them,” he said in an interview with the media yesterday.

The party president hopeful slammed the members of his own party for having used the issue as their weapon, pointing out the bitter irony of how they were willing to defame him while the opposition had not.

“It is my own party members who have been using this against me, for fear of my advancement within the party,” he claimed.

Dr Chua (picture) said that he was also resigned to the fact that his tainted past would forever come back to haunt him, although the incident had ended long ago.

“I have come to accept the fact that this is an issue that my enemy within the party or opponents within the party will continue to use to whack me.

“This is why I must thank the opposition. Because hardly anyone used it against me,” he said.

He also praised the opposition for maintaining political decorum and ethics.

“You notice that one of their colleagues also had a similar problem? But do they ever use it again? Did they use it after that? She took one month’s leave and then when she came back, nothing happened,” he said.

Dr Chua was referring to PKR’s Bukit Lanjan assemblyman, Elizabeth Wong and her nude photo scandal.

Dr Chua is contesting for the party’s president post during the coming polls on Sunday and will compete with incumbent president Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat and former president Tan Sri Ong Ka Ting in the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Your Ad Here