Search This Blog

Blogger Widgets
Your Ad Here

20 December 2010

Suspension of Pakatan MPs a ‘flagrant abuse of power’ by Umno - Anwar

Share
Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has accused the federal government for a ‘flagrant abuse of power’ by the BN (Barisan Nasional)’s largest component party Umno for suspending him, the deputy president of PKR (Parti Keadilan Rakyat) Azmin Ali, Subang PKR MP R Sivarasa and Karpal Singh, the chairman of DAP for 6 months for their outbursts and criticism over the Apco-Israel issue.

He said “I don't see any reason to rush through my suspension. All this is a flagrant abuse of power. I don't think they have the patience to respond to the issues raised. For more than a decade, I have been demonised by Umno for having Jewish friends and being 'pro-Jew'. And now they enter into an agreement with an Israeli-linked company. Can you have a working relationship with Jews? Of course it's not a problem. But what I want to show is flagrant hypocrisy on Umno's part. (Nazri) is not telling the truth... I was not given a chance to testify at all, I appeared with a counsel on June 9 and then the committee adjourned to make a decision on whether the counsel is allowed. Not once was I given a chance despite our repeated appeals to add to that.”



comment


What can one expect from UMNO.... nothing is fair in their eyes, its all about keeping it hush hush and sweeping under the carpet where they hope the people will forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Your Ad Here