Search This Blog

Blogger Widgets
Your Ad Here

02 December 2010

I don’t have to explain to the people – Nazri

Share
Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department said that the government is only accountable to the parliament and not anyone else. He was speaking in response to Tan Sri Robert Phang, the chairman of the Social Care Foundation who called on the AG (Attorney-General) to clarify the various issues involving the MACC (Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission). Nazri defended MACC’s ‘silence’ saying that there is no need for the agency to explain to Phang or anyone else for that matter.

Phang had told the media that “Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail should "clear the air once and for all" the cases investigated by MACC which escaped prosecution. He should explain to the people the reasons why some of the cases submitted to the Attorney-General's Chambers were not prosecuted or resulted in acquittals without the defence being called.”He said "I don’t have to explain to him. I’m not accountable to him and there is no necessity for him to pressure me. The attorney-general has just come back from Mecca and I’ll meet him in due time. I don’t need to do anything he (Phang) has asked me. I will do it on my own time. I owe it to the parliament to give reply but not to any ordinary citizen on the street, so I've got nothing (to say) to him.”


comments

How arrogant can this idiot get.I wonder how he got his law degree.Did he read for it or was it given him on a platter.Does he not know the meaning of the Latin word minister. Minister means servant. So this idiot is a servant of the people and is answerable to an ordinary citizen even.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Your Ad Here