Search This Blog

Blogger Widgets
Your Ad Here

30 July 2010

Jho Low denies involvement in Sungai Besi airbase deal

Share
International businessman of “mystery” Low Taek Jho has denied any involvement with the proposed redevelopment of the Royal Malaysian Air Force (TUDM) Sungai Besi airbase.

Low was responding to allegations that he had received a RM500 million contract for the Sungai Besi project.

“I am not involved — that part I want to make clear. I understand that there are some allegations that I received a RM500 million contract for the Sungai Besi project.

“That is absolutely not true. I have no involvement whatsoever in the Sungai Besi project and from what I was made to understand, it is a project by 1MDB,” Low told The Star daily in an interview published today.

PKR Youth chief Shamsul Iskandar Akin had claimed recently that a “mystery man” known as “Low” had secured a RM500 million contract for the redevelopment project of the airbase.

The infamous businessman, known for his high-level connections to Hollywood superstars revealed that his first involvement in a government-type project in Malaysia was the Iskandar Development Region investment.

Low said that he had been roped in by a friend from Khazanah as he had close connections to Middle Eastern blue-chip investors.

“Eventually, both Mubadala and Kuwait Finance House’s RM1 billion entry into Iskandar was a big boost for Malaysia. They have shown their commitment as long-term investors and it is my view that Khazanah and Iskandar Investment Bhd have done a good job,” Low told The Star.

Low dismissed talk claiming that the Iskandar project was behind schedule, and insisted that the project was geared towards achieving “long-term sustainability.”

The young businessman also denied playing any role in 1MDB (1Malaysia Development Berhad), saying that he was only involved in the setting up of the Terengganu Investment Authority (TIA) which was eventually “federalised” to become 1MDB.

“I was involved in the setting up of TIA from January 2009 to mid-May 2009. The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Mizan (Zainal Abidin) was kind enough to ask me to assist, given my relationship with the Middle East and insight I had on how they had set up their sovereign wealth funds.

“In addition to me, there was an important committee comprising key Malaysians such as Tan Sri Azlan Zainol among others, who provided important guidance.

“Subsequently, as I understand from news reports, TIA was federalised to become 1MDB. I don’t play any role in 1MDB, and I did not get compensated by -MDB or any other government-owned entities although some blogs have mentioned that I did. That is untrue,” added Low.



comments


Just bring Paris to Malaysia and show Malaysians how you party, remember to bring in more Hollywood superstars. Malaysia boleh!

I wonder how he got Paris Hilton to take her tops off while on his yacht. That must be one hell of an achievement. But this is haram. The fact that foreign press referred t him as Malaysian is making Malaysia a disgrace to the Muslim world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Your Ad Here