Search This Blog

Blogger Widgets
Your Ad Here

22 November 2010

Anwar and PKR leaders hits back at Zaid

Share
Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has hit out at Datuk Zaid Ibrahim for his continuing tirade against him and the PKR (Parti Kedilan Rakyat) of which he is the de facto leader. Anwar was speaking ahead of the upcoming Selangor PKR rally next week where he was very much focused on the resignation of Zaid Ibrahim from the party issue.

He said "Why should I speak about Zaid? That is not my job. My job is to strengthen the party. Some said I was not neutral and accused me of taking sides. But I tell you now - chose anyone, but not someone (who) criticises us using the Umno-owned media. I will not accept someone who has attacked the party and more so, condemned our friend and (outgoing deputy president) Syed Husin (Ali). Zaid would not have become the candidate for Hulu Selangor if I hadn't sent Khalid Ibrahim to persuade the divisions because they did not want him. We have to be mature to save the party, we must be ready to change. Our immediate duty is to complete our party election. We will have our congress next week, which will be the last one before we take on the general election next year,"

Saifuddin Nasution, the secretary-general of the party echoed Anwar’s sentiments saying that "These weaknesses and shortcomings are also responsibilities that must be shared by members. But what did they do? They talk to (Umno-owned daily) Utusan Malaysia - a newspaper that has hated us - about what happened in our house. At 10am, I received a resignation letter (from Zaid). Do we need leaders like this (who) do not have what it takes to advance the party's aims,"


Meanwhile, Azmin Ali, who will most likely win the deputy president’s post in the currently going on party election said "We accepted him (Zaid) into our house, we fed him when he was hungry, and we provided him with a comfortable bed to sleep on. But this is how he pays us back? He demands that we leave our house to him and tell the chief (Anwar) to get out. Such treachery must be weeded out.” Syed Husin Ali, the outgoing deputy president added that "He said I was 'nyanyu' (rambling) in an interview with (news portal) Merdeka Review when I criticised both deputy president hopefuls in identical manner. He wanted Anwar to contest because the PKR constitution doesn't recognise a de facto post. But there is also no such position as Pakatan coordinator, but he never corrected the media whenever he was referred to as one. I was Anwar's teacher and I had been a president of a party, although it was a small one. But I'm prepared to accept Anwar as leader because I know he is capable,"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Your Ad Here